Welcome to the first of our Property Professionals Tax Depreciation training videos – Introducing depreciation to your rent roll
This particular video is targeted towards Property Managers.
As a Property Manager, you are looking after one of the biggest investments that Australians will make, investing in property.
Property investors are investing into property for the sole purpose of making money and wealth, both now and in the future. Property depreciation makes a big difference to the cash flow on investment properties, and therefore the money that these investors do make.
Many don’t take advantage of it properly. What we’re going to do is arm you with the tools, to make sure you can add some value and help them to increase the cash flow on these properties.
- Introducing depreciation when signing up a new management.
- Introducing depreciation as another way your business helps your clients to save money on their investment property.
- Using depreciation to give you an opportunity to position your business as value adding, rather than a necessary expense.
Points to remember:
- If you know all about depreciation, then you know its importance to the investor, but if you don’t, no problem . You don’t have to know everything about depreciation , that’s where we come in.
- As a Property Manager, do you know which of your landlord clients have a depreciation schedule for their investment property? Make sure to check with your clients as they can only claim a maximum of 2 years in arrears for depreciation.
- By ensuring your clients are well versed in the benefits of depreciation to help with their investment, you position yourself as the go-to Property Manager who cares for their clients.
If you’re a Property Manager, we hope this has been helpful to you. Watch this space for the next video specifically for Real Estate Agents –
Including tax depreciation in your sales pitch for property investors